viernes, 26 de febrero de 2016

Articles: Cazuelas at Frontera Grill O'Hare

Most Interesting Thing on the Menu

Reviews

Cazuelas at Frontera Grill O'Hare

Location, location. It's never more true than at an airport, when you eat at the bar across from your gate just to avoid more walking. So, you know you've got a favorite place when you go out of your way to get there.

I did it just this morning when I took a detour to head to K4 at O'Hare, where Rick Bayless' Frontera is located. I've been a little put off ever since they discontinued their peanut butter torts, but the thought of a lime Fresca was making me reconsider.

Wait! A sign that says, "new." I'm a sucker for new things on the menu. It was a Cazuelas, described as a bowl with scrambled egg, sweet potatoes, arugula, cotja cheese, black bean, avocado and your choice of bacon or chorizo. Yes, please.

I added the seasonal Fresca of cucumber and lime, just to further expand my palate. I really had no idea what I had just ordered, but Señor Bayless has never failed me yet when it comes to inventive flavors. It's from his XOCO that I learned the meaning of torta, and churro, and Mexican hot chocolate, after all. The original Frontera Grill is another favorite.

I wasn't disappointed. The new Cazuelas lived up to my hopes, full of flavor and leaving me full of hope for travel through Terminal 3, Gate K, in the future. The hand-crafted Fresca was good enough to grab a second helping to take on the flight.

Location, location. See you at O'Hare!



from FoodChannel http://ift.tt/1TIpIqc
via IFTTT

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario